The Taiwan 2023 World Rivers Day will be hosted this Sunday, September 17, 2023 in Pinglin, New Taipei City, Taiwan.
Taiwan World Rivers Day Series
Whether you reside in the upstream catchment area of Taipei Feitsui Reservoir, or are one of the Taipei metropolitan residents benefiting from the reservoir downstream, "water" greatly influences our lives. How can we coexist between protecting water sources and sustaining livelihoods?
On the eve of #WorldRiversDay, we invite everyone to step into the rivers, engage in conversations with water, and explore life by its side.
Conversations with Water - Pinglin World Rivers Day Series
Date: September 17, 2023 (Sunday)
Location: Pinglin District, New Taipei City
This series of events includes two activities, and we welcome all to join us:
* "River Monsters Journey" - Exploring the Beishi River
* The Beishi River nurtures all life in Pinglin, where tangible and intangible elements blend harmoniously. But within the constraints of local development to accommodate urban growth, what mysteries lie in the coexistence of Pinglin and its river? The #PinglinStoryCollecting team, comprised of students from
#NewTaipeiCityPinglinExperimentalJuniorHighSchool, have embarked on a #LocalStudies course centred on water. They observe the water environment in their school and community, learn ancient crafts, conduct aquatic investigations, explore environmental issues, and create an abundance of #RiverMonsters from their findings. Let these students guide you in the search for these hidden river monsters!
Morning Session: 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Afternoon Session: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Note that the two sessions follow different routes, revealing different river monsters!
* "Conversations about Water" Symposium
* Amidst global climate change and environmental pressures, the strategies of resource governance and the importance of sustainable education are gaining prominence. During this enriching afternoon, we aim to delve deep into the experiences of #ResourceGovernance and its sharing with the residents of Pinglin and the greater Taipei area. We will analyse successful domestic and international resource governance cases, explore sustainable development strategies, discuss strategies and methods for promoting #SustainableEducation in Taiwan, and trace # the historical origins, policy development, and impacts of #WaterSourceRoyalties. We will delve into the pros and cons of the current royalty budget allocation policy.
1. Free Delicious Lunch
2. Expert Panel Discussions: Featuring water resource experts who will share knowledge about water source governance and the issues surrounding the allocation of water source royalties in Taiwan.
3. Interactive Discussions: Participate in discussions to assess the utilisation of water source royalties and propose action plans for improvement.
Seats are limited for each session, so let's work together for the mission of water resource governance!
Registration Form: https://forms.gle/pvistD9MWPjJP4m78