Funded by the French National Research Agency (ANR), a new CZ research project, “CZ-TOP”, seeks to integrate stable isotope tracers with reactive transport and non-steady state hydrologic modeling to gain an improved understanding of the processes that control concentration-discharge relationships in watersheds. The project will have positions available for two post-doctoral scholars and at least one Ph.D. candidate. We seek individuals with interests in developing new approaches in non-traditional isotope geochemistry, reactive transport modeling, and non-steady state hydrologic modeling in the Critical Zone. The host institution will be the Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris (www.ipgp.fr). The working environment will be dynamic, collaborative and interdisciplinary.
Positions may begin October 1, 2018, although later start dates are possible. The postdoctoral positions may be funded for up to two years, the doctoral candidate for three years. Candidates should provide a C.V., publication list, statement of research interest (≤ 2 pages), and the names and contact information for three professional references to Louis Derry (firstname.lastname@example.org). More information about the project can be found at http://www.geo.cornell.edu/eas/PeoplePlaces/Faculty/derry-new/index.html.
Supervisors: Prof. Louis Derry, IPGP and Cornell University
Prof. Jerome Gaillardet, IPGP
Qualifications for postdoctoral positions (2):
- Ph.D. in relevant area (e.g. geochemistry, hydrology) awarded prior to start date.
- Expertise in at least one of these areas: isotope geochemistry, reactive transport and/or hydrologic modeling, and ability to integrate with the other areas.
- Publication record in relevant journals.
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team.
Qualifications for Ph.D. candidate (Université de Paris):
- Demonstrated strong preparation in Earth science, geochemistry, or hydrologic sciences.
- Interest in field and laboratory work.
- Quantitative skills
- Competency in English, spoken French not necessary but willingness to learn.