The Club of Rome, along with a global consortium of universities, is looking for youth interested in participating in an international youth summit on October 3rd and 4th to discuss the Club of Rome’s Impact Hub topics (Climate-Planetary Emergency, Emerging New Civilization, Reframing Economics, and Rethinking Finance). The summit will take place virtually via Zoom on October 3rd or 4th depending on geographic region.
In addition to attending the summit, these youth participants will begin developing a regional network of fellow university students facilitating a year-long series of virtual listening sessions to understand what youth have to say about their concerns and aspirations for the future. We anticipate this being a 6-8 hour commitment per month.
An ideal youth participant will have a(n):
- desire to work in a global team to engage diverse communities with perspectives different than their own;
- understanding of sustainability; including a wide array of environmental, social and economic topics;
- knowledge of and the interconnections between the various Sustainable Development Goals;
- ability to expresses own ideas clearly, persuasively and pose relevant questions to propel the discussion;
- self-motivated and result-oriented
- ability to actively listen and acknowledges different perspectives; and
- advanced English proficiency (Professional Working (ILR) or Competent user (IELTS) level or higher).
Both application and nomination deadlines will be midnight on Wednesday, September 16.