Belmont Forum Open Call: Towards Sustainability of Soils and Groundwater for Society
The Belmont Forum is pleased to announce the launch of a collaborative research call on the theme: Towards Sustainability of Soils and Groundwater for Society. The goal of this CRA is to produce the necessary knowledge and propose solutions to maintain well-functioning soils and groundwater systems in the Critical Zone (“Critical Zone” is a complex socio-ecological system in which water, rocks, soils living organisms, and societies interact at different timescales), or rehabilitate them where degraded, through:
- Better understanding of the long- and shorter-time dynamics and functions of soils and groundwater, impacts from societal (including economics) decisions, integrative management practices, public policies, and how these systems have been transformed; and,
- Providing avenues, pathways, and narratives toward transformation of management practices of the whole soil and groundwater systems through a fundamental shift of socio-economic actors’ practices and related-decisions making processes.
- Call Opens: 09 April 2020
- Registration Open: 09 April 2020
- Registration Closes: 23 July 2020, 13:59 UTC
- Proposals Open: on submission of registration
- Proposals Close: 24 August 2020, 13:59 UTC
Find call documents and more information on the application process at https://www.belmontforum.org/opportunities/.