27° 37' 58.8" S, 153° 4' 58.8" E
Brief Site Description:
SEQ Peri-urban SuperSite - Karawatha is a parklands eucalypt forest
Detailed Site Description:
- Can ecosystem services be maintained in an urbanising environment?
- How do carbon and energy balances change under different land uses in transition from a natural dry sclerophyll forest to a peri-urban area?
- What impact will Brisbane's peri-urban development have on water and greenhouse gases (carbon) and surrounding vegetation?
- What are the long-term effects of urbanisation on remnant vegetation?
- How will changes in the climate, land-use (e.g. from rural to residential) and soil nutrient balances affect water leaving the catchment?
- How can bio-acoustic monitoring be used for measuring ecosystem health?
Field Site Type:
Average Winter Temperature:
Study Start Date:
Monday, January 1, 2007 - 00:00
Mean Annual Precipitation:
1 397millimeters / year
Average Annual Temperature:
Average Summer Temperature:
Hydrology: Surface water stream order:
Hydrology: Surface water - Stream Flow Performance:
Public - accessible to all site users