Soil Health Liaison
Part-Time, Term: 1 to 3 years
The Soil Health Institute – Research Triangle Park, NC
The Soil Health Institute (SHI), a non-profit organization created to safeguard and enhance the vitality and productivity of soil through scientific research and advancement, seeks a Soil Health Liaison. This part-time position (estimated 24 hours per week) is a 1-3 year term appointment, renewable per annual performance contracts. The incumbent will serve as a central SHI liaison to numerous stakeholder Action Teams who volunteer their time and expertise to advance soil health.
- Regularly organizing and facilitating video-conferences/face-to-face meetings with numerous Action Teams to advance SHI priorities in research, measurements, economics, communications/education, and policy;
- Serving as a positive, helpful contact for ensuring strategies for advancing soil health are implemented in a timely manner;
- Coordinating and communicating Action Team needs and progress to SHI leadership;
- Preparing reports documenting progress of all Action Teams for distribution via SHI’s newsletter, website, and social media outlets; and
- Assisting SHI staff with travel, meeting, and other logistics, as requested.
Experience that has clearly demonstrated proficiency in personal relationship skills and organizational skills, while working with groups of individuals is required. At least one college degree in a Natural Resources related field (e.g., Soil Science, Environmental Management/Science, Agronomy, Ecology, Economics, etc.) is desired. The position is located at the Soil Health Institute’s office near Research Triangle Park, NC. Compensation to be commensurate with experience.
To apply, email a letter of application addressing the experience required, curriculum vitae, college transcripts and the names/contact information of four references to Mr. Byron Rath: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Soil Health Liaison" in the email subject line. First review of applications will begin on July 15, 2018, but the position will remain open until filled.